Before registering for the Frankfurt School Business Game, you must read the rules below (hereinafter called the “Terms & Conditions”). By completing the registration form, you accept the conditions of the Terms & Conditions in their entirety. Furthermore, you accept that any decision of the Frankfurt School Business Game staff concerning the Frankfurt School Business Game shall be definitive.
- THE FRANKFURT SCHOOL BUSINESS GAME
- The Frankfurt School Business Game (hereafter referred to as “FSBG”) is a business game organized by Frankfurt School students but also by students of different faculties and different universities.
- The purpose of the FSBG is to familiarize students with the reality of the work that they will face in their professional life. Three different challenges and two different workshops are organized.
- The Game is based on an interactive economic simulation where the participants evolve within a defined competitive environment. The decisions made by the participants will affect their level of success.
- The Game will develop in three stages: Stage 1: Registration; 2: Participant selection; Stage 3: 2-day event consisting of 3 challenges and 2 workshops.
- The Game will take place on the 11th and 12th of May, 2018.
- The final results will be announced at the game itself and after the event on the FSBG website www.fs-bg.de.
- Only individuals who are officially enrolled in a school or a university of higher education, and currently in their final year of Bachelor, first year of Master or last year of Master studies are eligible for participation at the Frankfurt School Business Game (hereafter, they will be referred to as “Students”). Students writing their thesis or doing the equivalent in order to obtain their diploma can also be considered as students.
- Participation in the FSBG is subject to online electronic acceptance of the Terms & Conditions and of the documentation concerning the assignment of the intellectual property and image rights.
- A financial “no show” deposit of 50 euros is required but will be reimbursed at the event if the participant shows up at the event. Please note that, in cases of cancellation, there will be no refund.
- The Students must register individually.
- The Students must use the official registration form available on the official Alliance of European Business Games (“AEBG”) website and through the official FSBG website.
- It is imperative that every field be completed with valid answers. Incomplete registration forms will not be considered as eligible. The FSBG team retains the right to retract and disqualify a candidate if the information given in the above mentioned Registration Form is incorrect or invalid.
- At the time of Registration, the Students will be requested to accept the Terms & Conditions. Failure to do so will make submitting the Registration Form impossible. Acceptance of the Terms & Conditions is done in the name of the Student.
- The Students must provide a valid personal e-mail address.
- The Frankfurt School Business Game reserves the right to verify the validity of the information provided by the Students at the time of the Registration, at any time during the FSBG, and if deemed necessary, to request copies of the identity cards and/or student cards of the school or university mentioned by the applicant.
- Students can only apply once. Any additional applications will automatically be dismissed
- Students must register under the first name and surname appearing on their passport/identity card.
- USE OF THE RESULTS BY THE HR TEAMS OF THE SPONSORS
The Human Resources Managers of the sponsors of the Frankfurt School Business Game may, at their full discretion, use the Results of their challenge.
- SUPPLEMENTARY PROVISIONS
- At its sole discretion, the Frankfurt School Business Game may exclude or ban a Student from participating if the Student does not comply with the Terms & Conditions or acts in an unfair or disruptive way.
- The Frankfurt School Business Game forbids the Teams, at any stage of the Game, to communicate their strategy to each other or any specific information concerning the Teams’ decisions and in particular, all data contained in the Team’s data file are private and highly confidential.
- The Challenges and its associated documentation are copyrighted. All adaptation, reproduction or representation without the Frankfurt School Business Game’s approval is considered a forgery and punishable by the law.
- The Student shall have no recourse against the disqualification decision.
- The Frankfurt School Business Game has the right to disqualify and sue any participant who might try to destroy, disturb, damage or affect the proper functioning of the FSBG.
- By participating in the FSBG, the Students shall have access to confidential information such as commercial, financial, scientific, industrial or marketing-related information, concerning the activities, operations and studies of the sponsors, one or several of the companies in the sponsors’ Group or one or several companies to which they are or were related or in which they are interested. The Students shall also have access to information concerning individuals belonging to the above-mentioned companies (henceforth referred to as “Information”).
- The Students shall take the necessary measures to keep the Information confidential, except for public information.
- The Students acknowledge that disclosing this Information could cause sponsors considerable damage, and that irresponsible treatment (or actions that are not in line with expectations) of this Information therefore makes them liable to judicial pursuit.
- The obligation to keep the Information confidential will continue after the end of the FSBG.
- The Frankfurt School Business Game took appropriate measures to prevent any unauthorized access to the Students’ personal data. The Frankfurt School Business Game reserves the right to share the Students’ information with its sponsors, provided it is used professionally and for recruitment purposes only.
- All the times and dates published by the Frankfurt School Business Game are in local German time.
- In the event that the administration, the security or the proper functioning of the FSBG is put to question, the Frankfurt School Business Game reserves the right to shorten, modify or cancel the FSBG. In this event, the Team or one of its members will not be able to claim any loss against it.
- The FSBG, its concept, its content, its appearance, its logo, any other graphic element and its organization are and shall remain the sole property of the Frankfurt School Business Game.
- The Frankfurt School Business Game is not responsible for the incorrect functioning of the site, for incorrect e-mail addresses related to the FSBG or for connection problems.
- The Students shall not be reimbursed for the fees, equipment or resources used during their participation in the FSBG.